Masonry Camp 2017, a weeklong design-build learning experience for architects and craftworkers, will be held November 27–December 2 in Bowie, Maryland. Qualified architectural candidates interested in attending must complete the camper application form by September 15, 2017, to be considered. Craftworkers are selected to attend based on recommendations made by BAC Local leadership.
The program is open to:
• Non-registered designers with 3–5 years of professional experience.
• Newly registered architects, in 2016 or after.
• Members of the International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers with 3–5 years of experience in at least one craft area.
All participants must be 21 years or older.
Architects should submit the following information to: email@example.com
• Letter of interest.
• Letter of recommendation.
Now in its 16th year, Masonry Camp has hosted hundreds of architects and craftworkers from across the United States and Canada for a week of collaborative learning that promotes innovation in masonry construction.
Masonry Camp is a nationally recognized program created to improve communication between the design and construction industry. Over the course of a week, young designers and craftworkers take part in collaborative, hands-on educational activities that explore materials, details, and design trends. Participants work in teams to provide a solution for a specific design charrette and produce a mock-up of their concept.
The International Masonry Institute provides the financial sponsorship to cover the cost of travel, lodging, and educational resources associated with Masonry Camp. Questions about the program can be directed to Maria Viteri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 49Imagine the Future of Masonry Design and Construction $30,000 in Prizes • Open to architects, engineers, A/E firms and students Register by November 15, 2017 • Enter by November 30, 2017 The inaugural Joan B. Calambokidis Innovation in Masonry Design Competition challenges architects, engineers, students, and firms to imagine the future…
- 33The International Masonry Institute (IMI), the Masonry Contractors of New Jersey, and the Administrative District Council of New Jersey are hosting a "Designing with Structural Masonry" seminar.
- 31The Masonry Society (TMS) will present "Strength Design of Masonry," the first of its webinar series, on Thursday, October 12, 2017, 1–2 p.m. ET. The series will include a new webinar on the second Thursday of each month. Strength design was added to the TMS 402 Building Code for Masonry Structures…
- 30Save the Date! April 7, 2015 is the Chicago Masonry Expo at IMI’s Facility in Addison