Keene Building’s Driwall Rainscreen system is a drainage mat for exterior wall systems. The entangled net product eliminates incidental moisture problems in most exterior veneer applications, including thin stone or brick, manufactured stone, and stone and brick masonry.
Driwall Rainscreen is produced from an extruded polymer matrix of tangled monofilaments. The three-dimensional mat is heat-laminated to a non-woven lightweight, breathable fabric to provide a separation from cementitious sidings. The monofilaments are heat-welded at the junctions to form a structure that spaces exterior veneer away from the inner sheathing.
Features and benefits of the system, according to Keene, include the following:
- Drainage of excess moisture and ventilation in one product
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Simple installation with mechanical staple hammer
- Polymer core resistant to most known corrosive chemicals, including solvents
- Wide rolls for fewer seams
- Core absorbs and releases no moisture
- Provides no source for the promotion of mold, mildew or bacteria.
- 65More and more communities are adopting the mixed material veneer look. Manufactured stone veneers add speed and economy to the building process, but also can dress up buildings more effectively than painted block with little effort. Features • What Is A Rainscreen Wall? • Understanding Interdependencies Is The Key To…
- 63Most wall systems today are built with absorptive claddings. Oftentimes manufactured stone, stucco, brick, wood and fiber cement siding are the claddings of choice. It is important to design these walls for moisture migration. Moisture will find a way into the wall. How will you minimize moisture’s negative impact within…
- 57Located in Austin, Texas, this complex offers luxury one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. Each of the 13 unique floor plans feature hardwood or stained concrete flooring, granite or quartz countertops, stainless steel appliances, spacious walk-in closets, and private balconies. Residents can enjoy the vast amount of amenities, including the high-quality athletic…
- 54Thin brick is an extremely diverse material. The material's lightweight and slender profile give it the opportunity to perform where full-face brick cannot. Interior applications and renovations are obvious areas where thin brick does not require a foundation support and/or steel support angles. The question is: If thin brick is…