Holcim Foundation Teams With International Union of Architects
The International Union of Architects (UIA) and the Holcim Foundation for Sustainable Construction seek to cooperate to inspire better sustainability performance in planning, architecture and building.
The global Holcim Awards competition for architects, engineers and related professions will raise its profile through closer ties to the UIA network of national architects’ associations. The Holcim Awards aims to progressively form a worldwide community of recognized practitioners of excellence in sustainable construction.
The competition celebrates groundbreaking and more sustainable approaches to designing and building houses, working environments and infrastructure, and also includes a “Next Generation” category for young professionals to develop “blue sky” concepts that point the way to the future.
The UIA Working Program on Sustainable Architecture assists the architectural profession in making an effective contribution to the challenges of sustainability on the local and global scale, and makes available architectural expertise in addressing sustainability. MD
- 59The construction industry is more optimistic about revenue growth in 2013/14 than in 2012, according to new research by Timetric. Increased investments in IT infrastructure, public and private-sector construction projects, and growing demand for sustainable construction are likely to be key growth drivers.
- 47Entries are open in Holcim's $2-million sustainable construction competition.
- 42Designers, builders, owners, government agencies, manufacturers and others often go beyond the status quo to achieve high-performing, resilient buildings and communities. The National Institute of Building Sciences offers a way to show off advancements and gain recognition for those buildings, initiatives and innovations that are influencing, informing and inspiring the…
- 42Entries open on Feb. 10, 2014 for the Brick Industry Association's (BIA) Brick in Architecture Awards.
- 40Final Deadline is April 30 The Brick Industry Association (BIA) has opened its call for entries for the 2017 Brick in Architecture Awards, the country’s premiere architectural design competition featuring clay brick. BIA’s annual awards honor outstanding, innovative, and sustainable architecture in 10 categories that incorporate clay brick products as…