The American Concrete Institute is hosting a one-day seminar is for engineers, architects, specifiers, public agencies, and anyone else involved in the designing and specifying of masonry structures.
Attendees will learn to design and specify masonry structures using the 2013 edition of Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures. Discussion and comparisons of masonry provisions in earlier Codes and the International Building Code will also be presented. Practical design examples of typical masonry building elements will be reviewed as part of this informative seminar.
Earn .75 CEUs (7.5 PDHs) by attending this one-day ACI Seminar in Charlotte, N.C., on May 14, 2014. Location: Doubletree Guest Suites Charlotte/South Park, 6300 Morrison Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28211
This one-day seminar guides attendees through masonry design requirements while reviewing practical design examples of typical masonry structures. Instructors will review masonry design and specification provisions in the 2013 Masonry Standards Joint Committee’s (MSJC) Building Code Requirements for Masonry Structures (TMS 402/ACI 530/ASCE 5), which is the primary reference in the International Building Code (IBC) for the design and construction of masonry.
Several practical design examples of typical masonry elements will be examined using the 2013 MSJC, and necessary revisions to the design examples based on modifications in the 2013 IBC will be discussed. In addition, a preview of the masonry provisions that will appear in the 2015 IBC will also be presented.
As part of this seminar, you will receive a free compilation of related ACI technical documents valued at $144 if purchased separately. In addition, non-members can receive a free 6-month ACI membership for attending a 2014 ACI Spring Seminar.
- 77The American Concrete Institute has recently approved The Masonry Society as a National Sponsoring Group for its new Masonry Testing (Field and Laboratory) Certification Program.
- 67The International Masonry Institute (IMI), the Masonry Contractors of New Jersey, and the Administrative District Council of New Jersey are hosting a "Designing with Structural Masonry" seminar.
- 54The University of Colorado at Denver's Civil Engineering Department will host the 12th North American Masonry Conference (12NAMC) May 17 – 20, 2015, on the downtown Denver Auraria campus.
- 48On Thursday, Aug. 14, 2014, the Masonry Advisory Council (MAC) will host a Continuing Education Breakfast in Oak Brook, Ill., where attendees can earn 2.5 AIA Credits. The event is sponsored by Brick Distributors of Illinois and the Illinois Concrete Products Association.
- 43The International Masonry Institute, the National Concrete Masonry Association, Bentley Systems, and Ryan Biggs Associates have teamed up to develop an innovative structural masonry design software program that the group says offers a “whole building” approach for designers that will shrink design time from weeks to days.