Global design and BIM software developer Vectorworks, Inc., announces the 2017 release of its Vectorworks product line, which includes Vectorworks® Architect, Landmark, Spotlight, Designer, and Fundamentals. The English version is now available with 10 additional language releases planned during the worldwide rollout in the coming months.
“Vectorworks software is unique compared to other competing products because of our company’s dedication to pushing the programming of the products to maintain flexibility while offering state-of-the-art technology,” said Vectorworks CEO Biplab Sarkar. “Our continued commitment to re-engineering parts of the code base enables Vectorworks products to constantly evolve with the demands of designers, resulting in improved software performance, reliability, and functionality.”
With more than 100-plus updates, some of the key features from the Vectorworks 2017 software line include the following:
- The new Resource Manager enables designers to create, find, edit and apply desired resources to their projects. Offering direct browsing of resources from multiple content locations, the new feature also includes all Vectorworks Service Select libraries for subscription users. Designers can now easily find what’s needed with powerful search and filtering, attach metadata tags and access resources directly with Vectorworks’ parametric tools.
- With advanced door and window object styles, architects have improved flexibility in their design processes when modifying the style, data and geometry of the doors and windows in their models and producing accurate worksheets in a few quick clicks. These improvements simplify BIM workflows and management of sweeping model changes.
- In Vectorworks 2017, project sharing enhancements integrates customer feedback from its initial release in Vectorworks 2016 and frees designers to work anywhere at any time with cloud integration that allows them to save project files in Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and Box. It also offers more options to customize multi-user workflows with the ability to check out individual objects or layers.
- New capabilities to data visualization in viewports bring together unparalleled graphic abilities with enhanced information modeling capabilities. It allows control of smart objects’ graphic attributes based upon data and parametric values, giving designers the ability to visually differentiate between objects based upon the data attached to an object.
- All Vectorworks software products now include Renderworks features powered by the Cinema 4D render engine to better visualize a model throughout the design process while producing clear and accurate illustrations and renderings.
“We’ve been very impressed by the increased speed of navigation using the improved Graphic Module in Vectorworks 2017, especially when designing and moving around in larger models. It’s a big BIM improvement for larger projects,” said Chad Hamilton, AIA, LEED, AP, principal architect at Hamilton Aitken Architects.
Visit vectorworks.net/2017 to learn more.
- 68Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc., a global developer of design software, previewed upcoming capabilities in its Vectorworks® Architect 2016 release planned for later this fall at the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Convention 2015 in Atlanta.
- 67As Masonry Design first reported in the January/February issue, the AEC industry continues to adopt the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) for project delivery. To keep pace with the demand for BIM services and software, more and more companies are improving their existing products/services and/or introducing new ones.