By Rubina Siddiqui
Because of the iterative nature of design, most designers use several software applications for the different design phases of a project. This can be both frustrating and a waste of precious time and resources. What designers need is a solution that works for them and connects their process and projects, from concept to construction. Vectorworks® software’s BIM tools can help accomplish all of that and more.
Update Your Designs With Ease
The design process is ever-changing and non-linear. Due to the parametric nature of BIM, when you make changes while working in 2D, Vectorworks software will automatically reflect those changes in 3D and vice versa, giving you the flexibility needed to efficiently address your design changes. Whether you need to change the brick type or wall height or placement, your changes can be easily accommodated without the need to recreate any drawings or parts of the model.
Experiment With New Design Methods
Graphical scripting is an explorative tool that can be used for generative design of something as simple as bond pattern or as complex as the radii of multiple arcs of organically shaped walls. Marionette, Vectorworks software’s built-in graphical scripting tool, not only allows you to create designs that stand out from the crowd, but also improves your efficiency by automating processes, all without needing to learn a programming language.
Be a Better Team Player
A capable tool should not only improve the way you work, but also how you collaborate. The extensive import and export capabilities of Vectorworks software help you gather information from different sources or share their own models and project information with outside consultants and contractors.
Get the Most out of Your Data
Masonry design requires that your software is capable of handling the vast input of many non-geometric, project-specific material properties, including information about specified grout or mortar types, block colors, manufacturers, etc. By using Vectorworks software, the ability to enter graphical and design data ad hoc allows your model to efficiently evolve as data is layered onto different elements, keeping your design information-rich and efficient.
Simplify the Documentation Process
Once all that information has been added to a design, one needs a way of reporting it. Vectorworks’ worksheets facilitate the automation of reporting information and data, helping to quickly and easily create schedules, quantity take-offs, and overall cost calculations. More importantly, as the design evolves, these reports and calculations will update, leading to more time for design and less time coordinating drawings and schedules.
Improve Your Visual Presentations
Finally, every designer wants to be able to effectively communicate ideas with clients and stakeholders. Renderworks®, the fully-integrated rendering feature set in Vectorworks software, allows the creation of accurate, artistic and photo-realistic depictions of designs and details, from placement of movement joints to bond patterns.
To experience firsthand how these tools and capabilities can improve the way you work and set your designs apart, download a free, 30-day trial by visiting vectorworks.net/trial. To ensure your success, if you need any support throughout your trial, Vectorworks is available to answer any questions at email@example.com.
Vectorworks, Inc. is a global design and BIM software developer serving over 650,000 professionals in the architecture, landscape and entertainment industries. Since 1985, we’ve been committed to helping designers capture inspiration, nurture innovation, communicate effectively and bring their visions to life. With our cross-platform software, designers can build data-rich, visual models without sacrificing the design process, while collaborating efficiently throughout the project life cycle. Headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, Vectorworks is a part of the Nemetschek Group. Learn how we empower designers to create experiences that transform the world at vectorworks.net.
Rubina Siddiqui is product marketing manager — architecture at Vectorworks, Inc.
- Vectorworks Announces English Version of Vectorworks 2017 BIM Software for AEC, Landscape, and Entertainment Design Industries81Global design and BIM software developer Vectorworks, Inc., announces the 2017 release of its Vectorworks product line, which includes Vectorworks® Architect, Landmark, Spotlight, Designer, and Fundamentals. The English version is now available with 10 additional language releases planned during the worldwide rollout in the coming months. “Vectorworks software is unique…
- 63As Masonry Design first reported in the January/February issue, the AEC industry continues to adopt the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) for project delivery. To keep pace with the demand for BIM services and software, more and more companies are improving their existing products/services and/or introducing new ones.
- 60Revit Architecture software works the way architects and designers think.
- 58Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc., a global developer of design software, previewed upcoming capabilities in its Vectorworks® Architect 2016 release planned for later this fall at the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Convention 2015 in Atlanta.
- 58B2W Software, a leading provider of heavy civil construction management software, has expanded its platform for estimating and operations with a new application for capturing data and turning it into actionable intelligence. B2W Inform was released in June. The application mines data enterprise-wide from electronic documents and delivers reporting capabilities…