12 October 2017 — Last month, Vectorworks released its 2018 version and hosted its third annual Design Summit. Now the company is headed across the U.S. with a series of FREE seminars and social events. Vectorworks product specialists and local users will be presenting on topics relevant to the architecture and landscape design industries. Each event will include an educational session and happy hour with an open bar and hors d’oeuvres. Check out the following sessions.
Flattening the BIM Learning Curve (worth 1 AIA LU)
You know you need to adopt a BIM process in order to improve your workflow and the potential success of your business. However, the path from buying software to realizing an ROI can be steep. Explore how firms are moving from simply owning BIM software to realizing the benefits BIM offers.
- October 25 at Boston Society of Architects
- November 1 at Pono Kitchen + Bar, West Hollywood
- November 30 at AIA Austin
A Placemaking Approach to Design (worth 1 AIA HSW)
Today’s most forward-thinking architects are finding it their mission to go beyond their project — in terms of both space and time — to consider, and even encourage, land-use patterns in the surrounding area, and to anticipate, and even influence, future events and unexpected consequences. After discussing three case studies that illustrate how to implement these placemaking practices, you’ll walk away with ideas on how projects can have a positive effect on both individuals and surrounding communities.
- October 17 at AIA Chicago
- November 14 at The Farm SoHo, New York City
- December 12 at AIA San Francisco
Save Time and Make More Money on Every MWELO Project (worth 1 CES HSW PDH)
Discover how advances in landscape design software help firms save time and money by integrating Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (MWELO) compliance into their landscape-design workflows. You’ll walk away knowing how to quickly define irrigation hydrozones within landscape drawings and automatically calculate water budgets required for all MWELO and EPA reports.
BIM for Site Design: There Has to Be a Better Way (worth 1 LA CES PDH) Site design professionals are increasingly being asked to participate in Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows. However, migrating to BIM can be difficult, or even impossible, depending on the software you use. Learn how to easily transition from 2D drafting to integrated 3D modeling, and how to ultimately work in a fully coordinated BIM workflow.
- December 5 in Boston (more info TBA)
Register now to reserve your spot at one of these events. And check out Vectorworks’ events calendar to see what else is planned in the months to come.
- 4916 September 2017 — Global design and BIM software developer Vectorworks, Inc. has announced the English-version release of its 2018 Vectorworks software. The release includes Vectorworks® Architect, Landmark, Spotlight, Designer and Fundamentals, as well as Vision. New this year is BraceworksTM, a structural load analysis add-on module targeted to designers…
- Vectorworks Announces English Version of Vectorworks 2017 BIM Software for AEC, Landscape, and Entertainment Design Industries44Global design and BIM software developer Vectorworks, Inc., announces the 2017 release of its Vectorworks product line, which includes Vectorworks® Architect, Landmark, Spotlight, Designer, and Fundamentals. The English version is now available with 10 additional language releases planned during the worldwide rollout in the coming months. “Vectorworks software is unique…
- 44Vectorworks CAD software is a line of industry-specific 2D/3D and BIM solutions that allow designers to advance their ideas from concept through completion. Two of the programs are described below, and more information is available online.