2 January 2018 — The Masonry Society will host a webinar entitled “An Overview of the Role of Masonry in Sustainable Design and LEED v4” on Thursday, February 8, 2018. The webinar is part of the society’s 2017-2018 series presented on the second Thursday of each month from October through May.
Sustainable design and green building are ever evolving. LEED version 4, introduced in late 2013, contains significant changes in the area of Materials and Resources. Masonry expert, Christine A. Subasic, P.E., LEED A.P., will introduce attendees to sustainable design provide an overview of the LEEDTM v4 Rating System. She will address LEED v4 credit categories, with particular emphasis on the Materials and Resources credits, and identify how masonry products can contribute to sustainable design and LEED. She will also discuss the ways sustainable design goes beyond the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED Rating System. This presentation will give insight on the environmental building marketplace, as well as cover criteria and considerations used in selecting masonry products for LEED projects.
- Provide an overview of the LEED v4 BD+C New Construction Rating System
- Understand the changes in the Materials and Resources credit category in LEED v4
- Explain sustainable design strategies and LEED strategies that utilize masonry
- Identify elements of sustainable design that are not always part of green building rating systems
The cost for the webinar is $50 for TMS members and $75 for non-members. Quantity discounts are available.
- 61JanuaryFebruary 2008:Table of Contentsfeatures MaterialsBonded By Brick Pioneering facility combines 18 colleges and universities under one roofBy Douglas J. Ogurek, LEED APSpotlightDesigning Relationships Meeting client goals is how Legat Architects measures success,one project at a time.By Cory Sekine-PettiteGreen BuildingGreen Building is Big Business Brick can play an important role in sustainable…
- 60The Masonry Society (TMS) will present "Strength Design of Masonry," the first of its webinar series, on Thursday, October 12, 2017, 1–2 p.m. ET. The series will include a new webinar on the second Thursday of each month. Strength design was added to the TMS 402 Building Code for Masonry Structures…
- 50For the past several years, the U. S. economy has seen a tremendous amount of growth in the adoption of sustainable practices. Organic and natural products now grace the isles of almost every grocery and department store. Consumer awareness has grown as more people try to purchase organic and locally…